Saturday, November 12, 2011

Potty Post - Day 2

It is 7:15pm on Day 2, and I'm still alive.  Day 1 and Day 2 are in the books!

We kicked off this morning, after sleeping in (bonus!) at 7am.  Kid's pull-up was dry.  He was mad to go on the potty, but he did it.  We read a book...and success!  Later on that hour, an accident of the number 2 variety showed up soon after, but we haven't really been focused on "the deuce." So I wasn't too worried.

I was worried about the long morning ahead.  We were back to 50 minutes on the potty and 10 minutes off. Somehow, Jonathan was REALLY interested in computer games on my laptop.  I thought for sure he would want to watch DVDs on his portable DVD player.  But he wanted nothing to do with that.  He wanted to play a Caillou game I have on my computer.  And then a funny thing happened.  His first 50 minutes was up, without success, but he didn't want to get up.  He wanted to keep playing.  So I let him...and 20 more minutes later...SUCCESS!  (each time he has a success, we knock off 5 minutes on the potty to 5 minutes more of a break).

King Commode - Potty, 'puter, and Popcorn


And that's what we did all day.  Played on the computer, success, break, accident, back on the potty, played on the computer, success, break, accident, back on the potty...you get the picture.   I was pushing the liquids the whole time too.  My brother accused me of water-boarding when I told him.  Ha!

Mike did give me a reprieve.  I was able to sneak in a run and 3 loads of laundry. 

But I have to say, I kinda enjoyed my one-on-one time with Jonathan.  We did a lot of laughing.  I was forced to focus on the playing the games with him, and sitting with him, rather than my usual running around the house doing this and that.  This one game he really enjoyed was a memory game, where he had to match a picture (ie. a cow), with the word (COW).  There are probably a dozen different images and words, and he knew them all!  Totally site reading.  And the best, he understood the memory game aspect of it, which he didn't like to do before.  He caught on and remembered where items where, and I saw him do it.  One of those moments that if I didn't stop, I wouldn't have caught it.  So I guess, I'm grateful for this potty weekend in other ways besides the whole potty training aspect.

Mommy and Jonathan in all our glory!


So the last few potty attempts, we go up, and he goes right away!!!  YAYAYAY!! We are currently on a 45minute break.  I think the kid has peed in the potty like 10 times today (thanks to all that water-boarding). 

I know this is not the "end-all-be-all" to our potty journey.  But feels good that we've made strides in a positive way.

uhhh...gotta go.  He totally just crapped his pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment