Friday, November 11, 2011

Big Potty Day - 1

We had our big potty day kick off today.

He went on the potty this morning, and received his reinforcer of choice for going in the potty, a nutter butter cookie.  We have signs all over the bathroom and den "First- pee pee in potty.  Then - get a nutter butter!"

After school, he came home, and his therapist started potty day, which equaled hanging on the pot until success.  55 minutes on, then 5 minutes off.  Then, when he has success, 50 min on, 10 minutes off, and so on. 

First success this afternoon happened around 3:30.  He did great!  So so so proud.

He had an accident around 5:50.  Back on the potty.  Success at 6:50.  Hooray!  Accident at 7:35. 

And there you have it.  A few successes.  A few accidents, but I think you'll have that. 

I wanted to cry when the last therapist of the day left.  It was nice to have a third-party back-up person.  So this weekend, it's me and hubs.  I think he's scared of me.  I'm a little grumpy. 
But look how cute that tushy looks in his big boy underpants :)

No comments:

Post a Comment