Sunday, November 20, 2011

iPads, Potty, Thanksgiving, oh my!

A quick glimpse into a convo Jonathan and I had tonight.

Mom: OK, Jonathan.  One more show.  Make it count.
Jonathan: One.  Two.  Three...
Ahhh, I forgot.  He takes it all so literal.

So, if you follow my Facebook, you will have seen we purchased an iPad for Jonathan.  Not only am I excited for him to use it for therapy, but we also leave for NY soon, and it is a great time-sapper for the airport. 


He LOVES it.  Although, I can see him becoming obsessed and more separated from human contact...which is what we're avoiding.  But where is the balance?  I told him the iPad had to go sleepy, and he broke out in tears.  Like, heartbroken, his best friend just died, tears.  But I'm sure we'll figure it out.  Since he is so highly motivated by it, I think it would be best to use it as a reward and time usage.  Of course...after our trip.

And in potty training news:
Mister Rockstar Potty Trainer is doing great.  He has maybe one accident per day.  But really, I can't complain!  He was wearing only pull-ups just a few weeks ago.  Now he is a potty pro.  And today, for the very first time, he told me he had to go, rather then us taking him up at scheduled time.  Amazing.

So, now we'll see how Thanksgiving goes.   Jonathan has been reading his "Jonathan Goes to New York for Thanksgiving" book.  He really likes looking at the pictures of his cousin Thomas.  I think it helps that his name is the same as the train.  And Uncle Bob has the same name as Bob the Builder.  All bonus points in his book. 
So wish us luck. Recap to follow.
Prep for the worst and hope for the best.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment