Sunday, October 30, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

I feel like I have not posted a true blue post in a while. 

Life has been busy.  I am in my busy season at work.  Mike is also swamped at work.  Jonathan has been sick, on and off, for a week and half, including staying home from school and therapy a few times.  My Mom came to visit.  We had our progress review for Jonathan at WEAP.  And I ran my half marathon. 

Now with my training out of the way, I feel like I have a moment to breath.  But just a small moment.  We have Thanksgiving out of town ahead, and I have to prep for that.  But the good news is...my eye twitch that I had for almost two weeks is gone!  YAY!!!

I have to be honest.  It has been a pretty dark and rough October for me.  And I'm not saying this for sympathy in anyway, so please don't feel sorry for me.  My worries and issues are so minimal compared to others.  I've just had a hard time getting though it.  But I'm working on it.  And I have been really relishing the good moments with Jonathan.

- He can now count to 100. 

- We went to one of his classmate's birthday parties today, and when he saw her, he gave her (unprompted) the biggest, full on hug I have ever seen him give.

- When I asked him if he wanted to go to said birthday party or go home (prior to getting there), he said "Birthday party!"


- He helped carve a pumpkin with me.  He drew the eyes, nose and mouth ("First two eyes, then a nose, then a mouth!")  I had to laugh when I was cutting the top off and he said "Jonathan's turn!"

- He grabs the book I'm reading off my night stand every night, because the author's first name is Jonathan.  - And then he flips through all the pages.

- He tells us which Handy Manny episodes he wants "Handy Manny Victor!  Handy Manny Table for Two!"

- When he hears the microwave go off, he says, "Oh!  Facon for me!" He thinks he is getting bacon, no matter what is in the microwave.

- Sometimes he plays with his timer that they use for therapy.  And a few times it will go off and he will say something like, "Now it's time for Popsicle!"

- He has his first Kit Kat.  He ate one, came running back up to me and said, "I want more, please."  

- Tonight he wanted more candy, and Mike told him, "First dinner, and then candy."  Jonathan responded, "OK!  Time for dinner!"  It was 4:00 at the time.  He then climbed on a stool to get bread out of freezer so Mike could make him a PB &J for dinner.

Just writing those few things made me smile.  I think it's gonna be ok, no matter how busy and stressed I get.  I have to remember those little moments that make me smile (geez, that was sappy). 

Oh, and he is watching Handy Manny now, and just turned to me and said "Hola Mommy!"  Too funny.
Tomorrow is Halloween.  I'll be sure to update.  Not sure if his costume (surprise - Handy Manny) will be on or not, but I'll hold zero expectations.  That is usually when I'm the most surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment